Saturday, April 17, 2010

Playing movies with subtitle

By now you should have known what is the different between hard-subbed and soft-subbed. So here comes the part that I should share how to watch movies with subtitles. I guess I'll just tell you regarding soft-subbed, since you won't get any problem with hard-subbed.

Basically it just so simple, almost just like the hard-subbed one. The things you should have are suitable player, the movie file (.avi, .rmvb, .mkv, .mpeg etc) and the subtitle file (.srt, .sub etc). As for me, I would prefer Media Player Classic, since it's a freeware software and can be used to play almost all video files including .3gp with the subtitle (of course you need the right codec for all of these). I've used K-Lite Mega Codec Pack plus real alternative for rmvb files.

Both files (video and subtitle files) should have the same name, not even differ in a single character except for the extension (.avi and .srt). Take a look at the screenshot:
The name for both files are exactly the same, except for the extension. If your files comply to this, just play the movie file and the subtitle will appear. Try it first, and I'll tell you more about things related to subtitles later.

No comments:

Post a Comment